- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
About Our Eye Doctors
Welcome to Decatur Eye Center, your full service eye doctor serving Decatur, Bridgeport, and all of Wise County Texas. Whether you are new to our optometry practice, or an existing patient who is curious about us, we invite you to learn more about our optometry staff and approach to vision care.
Our Vision Center Mission
Decatur Eye Center is a locally owned medical eye care practice that has been serving the needs of patients like you for over 30 years. Our eye doctor, Dr. Fries, took over Decatur Eye Center in 2004. Since then, Dr. Fries has been offering caring and comprehensive eye care for adults and children.
Our vision at Decatur Eye Center is to provide professional, high quality eye care to all family members in the greater community and to do everything we can to meet your needs regarding vision and eye health. To this end, Dr. Fries works with a retina specialist, two ophthalmologists that come to the office, and our front office staff. If you have ever visited us, then you have met one or more of our friendly staff.
About Our Decatur Optometrist
Dr. Fries specializes in glaucoma management. He stays up to date with developments in the optometry field, and has been trained in advanced technologies including in Optical Coherence Tomography and auto fluorescence fundus photography. Dr. Fries particularly enjoys teaching patients about the connection between nutrition and eye health. Eating right can not only help you see clearly, it can help you maintain vision health if you have diabetes or age related eye issues such as macular degeneration.
Our Optometry Services
We are pleased to offer you the following services at our optometry center:
• Eye exam - Make sure you can see clearly and that your eyes are healthy with a comprehensive eye exam.
• Contact lens exam - Thinking of wearing contact lenses? Let us evaluate and fit you with the right contacts for your vision needs.
• Eye disease diagnosis and treatment - Not only can we diagnose eye health problems, we can provide treatment.
• Pre- and post-operative care - If you have eye surgery, receive all pre- and post-operative care at a place you trust, Decatur Eye Center.
• LASIK surgery consultations - Learn more about LASIK and whether it is right for you during an optometry consultation.
• Frames and sunglasses - Find your favorite set of frames or sunglasses. We carry a wide selection of all the latest styles. All of our fitting measurements for your glasses will be handled by our optician with over 40 years’ experience.
• Vision therapy - Let us assist you with strengthening visual skills related to learning difficulties.
• Computer vision - We can fit you with computer glasses to reduce eye strain.
• Sports vision - Clear vision is key for athletes who want to play their best game. Let us help you achieve this with sports vision services.
Now that you have familiarized yourself with our optometry practice, is there anything that we can help you with? To schedule an appointment, or ask us a question about eye care, complete our online appointment request firm or call the eye doctors at 940-627-2020.